All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReconstructing Jury Instructions in Homicide Offenses offers critical analysis for jury instructions in the United States. Supported by court decisions, careful interpretation of the United States Constitution, and jurist's arguments, Hisham M. Ramadan thoroughly examines the mental elements in crime, the burden of proof in criminal trials, and the doctrine of reasonableness. In addition, the concepts of the kwledge element in the offense, the presumption of incence and the reasonableness doctrine are re-examined as never before. Every issue discussed begins with a description of the historical and theoretical foundation of the concept and ends with a practical proposal for jury instruction reform. An in-depth analysis of fundamental legal issues, Reconstructing Jury Instructions translates highly theoretical work into a practical proposal for law reform.
- Author BiographyHisham M. Ramadan, S.J.D, is the International Criminal Court Project Coordinator at the International Human Rights Law Institute, DePaul University College of Law. Previously, he taught Criminal Law at the University of Queensland, Australia, and was a visiting lecturer at the University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Author(s)Hisham M. Ramadan
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/06/2004
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width242 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.