All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.21Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionRecording Oral History, w available in its third edition, provides a comprehensive guide to oral history for researchers and students in diverse fields including history, sociology, anthropology, education, psychology, social work, and ethgraphic methods. Writing in a clear, accessible style, Valerie Yow builds on the foundations laid in prior editions of her widely used and highly regarded text to tackle t just the practicalities of interviewing but also the varied ethical, legal, and philosophical questions that can arise. The text-w twelve chapters-allows for dedicated discussion of both legalities and ethics. Other new material include recent research on how brain functions affect memory, more comprehensive demonstration of how to analyze an interview, and details on making the most of techlogy, both old and new. Each chapter concludes with updated and antated Recommended Readings and tailored appendixes address new developments, such as institutional review boards and the Oral History Association's new Principles and Best Practices.
- Author BiographyValerie Raleigh Yow, an independent scholar in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, received her MA and PhD in history from the University of Wisconsin. She has been book review editor for the Oral History Review, a member of the governing council of the Oral History Association, and faculty at both the University of Rhode Island and Northern Illinois University, DeKalb. Yow is a strong advocate for strengthening the Oral History Association's contacts with its international counterparts and is a leader in emphasizing an interdisciplinary approach to oral history research.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2005.
- Author(s)Valerie Raleigh Yow
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.