All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- Description<em>Recovery Happens through Christ </em>is taken from the journals of Marilynne Harrison, an otherwise regular person who found herself sexually abused as a child and exposed to a world of sin in such a way as to bring tears to one's eyes. By the time she was eleven, Marilynne was exposed to drugs, alcohol, and sex; and worst of all, was told to keep her situation to herself. The results of being robbed of her childhood led Marilynne to continue to live her life in the only way she knew, by continuing in the same sins. Finally, many years later, Marilynne makes a dramatic turn to God. He lifts her out of her pit in a truly impossible way. This book covers seventeen painful and then triumphant years in Marilynne's life. She shares her tremendous struggles with sin, painful choices leading to more wrongdoing, and finally, a real call from our ultimate Savior, Jesus Christ. Are you struggling with drugs, alcohol, and wrong sexual relationships? Do you feel as if there really is hope for recovery? Before you lose all hope, find some quiet reading time and read the story of a lady with all the same reoccurring temptations and failures. With all her miserable existence, she provides hope to those who kw exactly what she is talking about when she discusses her deplorable and self-destructing lifestyle. Do t give ather moment of your life to yourself and Satan. Instead, allow yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit to the One who also understands your temptations and is able to finally give you relief. Jesus Christ died for you, just as much as He did for Marilynne and the whole world. Just as He rescued Marilynne and placed her in a brand new and clean lifestyle, He can surely do the same for you too. <em>We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard ... People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood</em> (Romans 3:22-25).
- Author Biography<strong>Marilynne Harrison</strong> and her husband live in northern Wisconsin, in the small town of Shell Lake. After overcoming drugs, alcohol, and a same-sex relationship, life seems almost normal. Without a doubt it would have been an unhappy ending for Marilynne's life had God not intervened. Because she so clearly knows that her victories are a gift from Him, Marilynne boldly released her journals, written during the most trying days of her life, out of which this book was taken. Her primary purpose for sharing her uttermost secrets is to encourage others also struggling with drugs, alcohol, and/or same-sex relationships. This book serves to provide an example of a person who overcame a blatantly wrong existence, and today lives a clean lifestyle, worships God, and fellowships with other like-minded believers.
- Author(s)Marilynne Harrison
- PublisherLife Sentence Publishing
- Date of Publication22/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationWI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.