All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of recovery programmes in sport. In today's competitive sport environment, discovering effective methods of facilitating optimal athletic performance is paramount to success. The recovery period is essential in maintaining athletes' physical and psychological well-being and the pursuit of intense physical training and satisfying performances. This new book presents techniques and modalities currently used to enhance athletes' recovery, optimize training time and avoid overtraining. In it readers will find proven strategies for enhancing the recovery process and learn the importance of structuring an individual and evidenced-based recovery plan for improving performance. Appealing to a broad audience encompassing professionals, athletes, coaches, and students, this book provides a scientific base of information as well as specific elements that allow for practical application in the real world.
- Author BiographyChristophe Hausswirth has been the senior physiologist at l'Institut National du Sport, de l'Expertise et de la Performance (National Institute of Sport, Expertise and Performance, or INSEP) since 1995 and is an associate professor and leader in recovery and nutrition guidelines in the research department. Inigo Mujika is an associate professor in the department of physiology, faculty of medicine and odontology, at the University of the Basque Country in Leioa, Spain. As a researcher, sport science practitioner and coach, Mujika is widely considered one of the most respected experts on tapering and peaking.
- Author(s)Christophe Hausswirth,Inigo Mujika
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note149 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight1012 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.