All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book is an overall analysis of different invative methods and ways of recycling in connection with various types of materials. It aims to provide a basic understanding about polymer recycling and its reuse as well as presents an in-depth look at various recycling methods. It provides a thorough kwledge about the work being done in recycling in different parts of the world and throws light on areas that need to be further explored. Emphasizing eco-friendly methods and recovery of useful materials The book covers a wide variety of invative recycling methods and research, including * Green methods of recycling * Effective conversion of biomass and municipal wastes to energy-generating systems * A catalyst for the reuse of glycerol byproduct * Methods of adsorption to treat wastewater and make it suitable for irrigation and other purposes * Disposal of sludge * The use of calcined clay to replace both fine and coarse aggregates * Recycling of rubbers * The production of a sorbent material for paper mill sludge * Replacing polypropylene absorbent in oil spill sanitations * The use of natural fibers for various industrial applications * Cashew nut shell liquid as a source of surface active reagents * Integrated power and cooling systems based on biomass * Recycling water from household laundering * much more
- Author BiographyProfessor Yves Grohens is the Director of the LIMATB (Material Engineering) Laboratory of Universite de Bretagne Sud, France. His master's and PhD degrees were from Besancon University, France. After finishing his studies, he worked as assistant professor and later professor in various reputed universities in France. He is an invited professor to many universities in different parts of the world as well. His areas of interest include physicochemical studies of polymer surfaces and interfaces, phase transitions in thin films confinement, nano and bio composites design and characterization, and biodegradation of polymers and biomaterials. He has written several book chapters, monographs, and scientific reviews and has published 130 international publications. He is the chairman and member of advisory committees of many international conferences.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleAdvances in Materials Sciences
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note104 black & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAbderrahim Boudenne,S. Kishor Kumar,Yang Weimin,Yves Grohens
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.