Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99+ AU $5.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRed Dog is a West Australian, a lovable friendly red kelpie who found widespread fame as a result of his habit of travelling all over Western Australia, hitching rides over thousands of miles, settling in places for months at a time and adopting new families before heading off again to the next destination and ather family - sometimes returning to say hello years later. While visiting Australia, Louis de Bernieres heard the legend of Red Dog and decided to do some research on this extraordinary story. After travelling to Western Australia and meeting countless people who'd kwn and loved Red Dog, Louis decided to spread Red Dog's fame a little further. The result is an utterly charming tale of an amazing dog with places to go and people to see. Red Dog will delight readers and animal lovers of all ages.
- Author BiographyLouis de Berni res is the best-selling author of Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which won the Commonwealth Writers' Prize, Best Book in 1995. His most recent books are Birds Without Wings and A Partisan's Daughter, a collection of stories Notwithstanding and a collection of poetry, Imagining Alexandria.
- Author(s)Louis de Bernieres
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintVintage (Australia)
- Weight100 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementFilm tie-in edition
Most relevant reviews
- johnnydt5605 Feb, 2012by
Aussie Historical Fiction at its BEST!
I only read Australian Historical Fiction and I have read just about every Australian Author. But when my son gave me Red Dog on Blu-Ray for Christmas and I had watched it no less than 4 times in 2 days, I had to then purchase the book on eBay. The movie moved me and reduced me, a tough old bloke, to tears. The book, well it broke my heart and only the death of my Nan has ever done that. Now, work it out for yourself if this work of magnificent writing is worth me placing it on top as the best I've ever read!
- kezzabusz10 Jan, 2012by
Very entertaining short story
I bought the RED DOG book as I loved the movie and would get more out of it by reading the book. I love how it is a short story as I dont like big books, and on the edges of the pages there is a motion picture when you flick the pages which is really cool. Very entertaining to read. Highly recommended.
- baptistezimmerm...07 Mar, 2012by
Touching and beautiful story
I bought this book after watching the movie. I loved everything about the movie. My only "disappointment" was I found the book too thin... but that's just my opinion, I like big books! The story is beautiful and I made the promesse to myself that one day I will go to Dampier and take a pic of me and the statue of Red Dog. A beautiful book
- mmoc392114 Apr, 2013by
prompt in getting book,just as advertised.
Saw the film, wanted to read the book, enjoyed it better but still sad, lovely dog and good to read about the outback of Australia. Louis de Bernieres writes a very good book. Must read some more of his books.
- jean796915 Jan, 2012by
I bought the Red Dog book for my daughter for Christmas. She has not read it yet. We had seen the movie and my daughter wished to read the book.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31