CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 2031. It's a time of food and fuel shortages, State intervention and climate change. Llewelyn Martin, patriarch and self-sufficiency guru dies and his grandchildren, James, Barney, Nancy, Dora and Jane, come together in Monmouthshire, South Wales to pay their last respects. But their own lives are in a state of turmoil and external pressures exerted by various State security initiatives are being brought to bear on them. They also find that local people and circumstances influence their actions and reactions. In just 10 days, from the demise of 'Pops' to the day of his funeral, their individual worlds are turned upside down and their lives are changed, perhaps forever?
- Author BiographyKeith L. Haslett was born in Newport, Monmouthshire in 1943. He retired in 2008 after forty years working in the computer industry in South Wales, England, Australia and the U.S.A. He has three children and eight grandchildren and it was thoughts of what the future held for them that inspired him to write 'Red Land', his first novel, set in the red land of Gwent. He lives and writes in a cottage on two acres of land near the Monmouthshire town of Usk with his artist wife Paulette. His other interests include reading, archaeology and the environment.
- Author(s)Keith L Haslett
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.