Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a political analysis of the 'greatest internal security threat' to the Indian nation. After forty four years of the spring thunder, the Naxalite movement still haunts the status quo. The reign of Naxalite politics, despite many difficulties and hurdles, does t go into the oblivion, rather comes back and tries to uphold its alternative social structure and politics. The author of the book, after spending a fortnight among the protagonists of Jantana Sarkar, questions the military solution as the panacea of all 'evils'. Further, the author traces back to history and testifies what the Maoists are upholding today - justice, equality and liberty - the forgotten chapters of the Indian freedom movement in general and various government resolutions in particular. The book would be an interesting read for subject experts as well as the general readers.
- Author BiographyJan Myrdal is a Swedish author, leftist-political writer and columnist. He is an honorary doctor of literature at Upsala College in New Jersey, USA, and a Ph.D. at Nankai University in Tianjin in China.
- Author(s)Jan Myrdal
- PublisherRaj Publications, India
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRaj Publications, India
- Format DetailsPaperback / softback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.