All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.52Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionSuzie Mohamad Galal, born in the Egyptian city of Suez during the War of Attrition in the late 1960s, is a woman of inner conflicts, at once a fighter and a lover, who traverses the boundaries of ethnicity and religion. Her whole life is intricately tied to the wars and political events taking place in Egypt. But as she grapples with where to begin her story of personal and national crises, questions of narration arise: which metaphor best serves the layers of meaning she wants to communicate, and whose voice is telling the story anyway?Red Wine is both timely in its attention to the issues of state brutality, religious extremism, and gender, and timeless in the way it deals with the themes of coming of age, guilt, and sadness.
- Author BiographyAmina Zaydan, born in Suez in 1966, is known for her boldly feminist themes and her fearless scrutiny of gender norms. Red Wine was awarded the 2007 Naguib Mahfouz Medal for Literature. Sally Gomaa currently teaches contemporary global literature and writing at Salve Regina University.
- Author(s)Amina Zaydan
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight340 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.