Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRedditch is historically kwn because of the success of its needle, fishing tackle and cycle factories. Unfortunately most of the old factories have been demolished. This has been coupled with the massive urban transformation undergone by Redditch largely as a result of its designation as a new town in 1964. The town continues to struggle to find a vibrant and fresh identity and still tends to be regarded as principally a dormitory town for the nearby Birmingham conurbation. This book essentially looks at the changes in Redditch that have occurred over the last 100 years or so. Many historic houses, factories and roads have disappeared in that period and much of the old charm of Redditch has been lost as a result. Hopefully this book will provoke more thought about the importance of careful preservation in ensuring that an industrial town forges a modern identity that is well rooted in the past.
- Author BiographyRay is a local author and is keenly interested in the history of Worcestershire and photography.
- Author(s)Ray Jones
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note184, 99 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.