All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionExamining the book of Genesis, the foundational text in the Hebrew Bible, this study seeks to mine the stories of some of the greatest figures in Judaism for their relevance to modern life. Rabbi Francis Nataf focuses on Abraham, the Matriarchs, Ishmael and Israel, Isaac, Jacob and Esau, and Judah, examining the stories in light of the protagonists' humanity. In doing so, Nataf reveals how much more these figures have to offer a contemporary readership than when placed within a hagiographic framework. This work encourages readers to engage with--and even risk misinterpreting--the Torah in order to make it more alive and relevant.
- Author BiographyRabbi Francis Nataf is Jerusalem-based thinker, writer, and educator. He is the author of the Redeeming Relevance in Torah series and of many articles on comparative religious thought, biblical studies, and education.
- Author(s)Rabbi Francis Nataf
- PublisherUrim Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintUrim Publications
- Weight376 g
- Width172 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.