All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionHow many parents kw that the school is responsible for bullying that occurs on school property and sometimes off school property? How many parents kw that school districts and states hold conferences every year where education consultants teach school board members, administrators and teachers how to avoid being sued by parents when bullying occurs? JT Lichtfuss, PhD, EdS shares some of his experiences being bullied at various stages of his life to include; As a member of the United States Army, after being diagsed with cancer, on the job, as well as many more examples. Dr. Lichtfuss offers solutions to the current trend and epidemic of overmedicating children, teenagers and adults instead of working with the individual on the proper ways to solve conflict. Everyone experiences conflict. Everyone needs to recognize and analyze the proper way to approach that conflict and resolve or manage that conflict effectively and appropriately. Children need to recognize and understand how to effectively mitigate today's wide variety of problems from bullying to dealing with your girl/boy-friend breaking up with you. If our children fail to handle the conflict they experience how will they handle conflict as an adult? Redefining Bullying will: Offer current statistics Explain how bullying is the same as terrorism Provide insight into how bullying needs to be redefined. Examine some of the more table school and terrorist attacks Examine some of the current solutions to bullying Explain how we are over medicating children Offer solutions and examine the future Dr. Lichtfuss feels that the only way parents can solve school bullying is by holding the schools accountable for the lack of safety and security within today's schools and to teach their children conflict resolution/management strategies that they will be able to use throughout their life.
- Author BiographyDr. JT Lichtfuss is one of the foremost experts in the prevention, management, and resolution of conflict and bullying. A pioneer in the field he feels that understanding conflict and how to respond to the conflict is more important then simply medicating today's youth. He approaches bullying from the perspective of a successful problem solver, instead of the perspective of a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Social Worker and others that do not have a background in solving problems. Dr. Lichtfuss does not feel that talking about the problem makes that problem go away. He also doesn't feel that medicating children and adults eliminates a bully. The best way to handle a bully is to understand the bully.
- Author(s)Dr J T Lichtfuss,Dr Jt Lichtfuss
- Date of Publication25/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.