All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman rights in peace and development are accepted throughout the Global South as established, rmative, and beyond debate. Only in the powerful elite sectors of the Global North have these rights been resisted and refuted. The policies and interests of these global forces are antithetical to advancing human rights, ending global poverty, and respecting the sovereign integrity of States and governments throughout the Global South. The link between poverty, war, and environmental degradation has become evident over the last 60 years, further augmenting international consciousness of these issues as interconnected with the rest of the human rights corpus. This book examines the history of this struggle and outlines practical means to implement these rights through a global framework of constitutional protections. Within this emerging framework, it argues that States will be increasingly obligated to formulate policies and programs to achieve peace and development throughout the global society.
- Author BiographyTerrence E. Paupp is the Vice-President, North America, of the International Association of Educators for World Peace (IAEWP) and Senior Research Fellow at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs (COHA), Washington, DC. He is the author of numerous books, most recently Beyond Global Crisis: Remedies and Road Maps by Daisaku Ikeda and his Contemporaries (2012); The Future of Global Relations: Crumbling Walls, Rising Regions (2009); Exodus from Empire: The Fall of America's Empire and the Rise of the Global Community (2007); and Achieving Inclusionary Governance: Advancing Peace and Development in First and Third World Nations (2000).
- Author(s)Terrence E. Paupp
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note60 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.