All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- Description-When I decided to look, I found more love and compassion than I ever imagined existed. Most significantly, I found forgiveness. I might even call it redemption.- On July 4, 1990, eighteen-year-old Stacey Lannert shot and killed her father, who had been sexually abusing her since she was eight. Missouri state law, a disbelieving prosecutor, and Stacey's own fragile psyche conspired against her: She was found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life without parole. Redemption is Stacey's candid memoir of her harrowing childhood and the pain and protective love of her sister that led her to that horrifying night. It is also an extraordinary portrait of what happened after she found herself in prison and how she grew determined to live positively, even triumphantly, despite her circumstances. Ultimately, and most profoundly, she learned the healing power of forgiveness. After spending as many years in prison as she had out of it, on January 10, 2009, outgoing Missouri goverr Matt Blunt commuted Stacey's life sentence. Six days later she walked out of the gates a free woman. Redemption is the story of how Stacey learned to be free while living behind bars. It is a coming-of-age story set in a parallel universe of a maximum-security prison. And, it is a story of sisterhood, courage, and justice finally served. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographySTACEY LANNERT was born in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1972. In 1992 she was convicted of murder in the first degree and sentenced to life in prison. On January 10, 2009, she was commuted and released. She is currently living and working in St. Louis, where she trains dogs, teaches, and has founded Healing Sisters (http: //healingsisters.org), a resource website and nonprofit agency that raises awareness about sexual abuse and helps women support one another. KRISTEN KEMP is a longtime writer for Glamour, Self, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, and many other publications. She and her husband are raising three children in the suburbs of New York City, where she has founded a parenting website called Barista Kids (http: //kids.baristanet.com). She has written several books and is the editor of the Healing Sisters blog. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Stacey Lannert
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.