All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionPaama, who is a great cook, has returned to her family after 10 years of marriage to the gluttous Ansige, but two years later he hires the master tracker Kwame to find her. Kwame needs the money to finance his own wanderlust and reluctantly takes the job. These events draw the attention of Chance, the Indigo Lord, one of the powerful spirits called Djombi. The Indigo Lord once wielded the power of Chaos, imbued within the Chaos Stick, but to punish him it was taken from him and given to Paama. Now he wants it back, and he has all sorts of elaborate schemes planned to induce Paama to give him back the Chaos Stick. The narrator, sometimes serious and often mischievous, spins delicate but powerful descriptions of locations, emotions, and the protagonists' great flaws and great strengths as they interact with family, poets, tricksters, sufferers of tragedy, and - of course - occasional moments of pure chaos.
- Author BiographyKaren Lord has been a physics teacher, a diplomat, a part-time soldier and an academic at various times and in various countries. She is now a writer and research consultant in Barbados. Her debut novel, Redemption in Indigo, won the 2008 Frank Collymore Literary Award, the 2011 William L. Crawford Award, the 2012 Kitschies Golden Tentacle Award for Best Debut Novel and the Mythopoeic Award, and was shortlisted for the World Fantasy Award. Redemption in Indigo and The Best of All Possible Worlds, the prequel to The Galaxy Game, are published by Jo Fletcher Books.
- PrizesWinner of Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature 2011 and William L. Crawford Fantasy Award 2011 and Frank Collymore Literary Award 2008. Shortlisted for World Fantasy Award 2011. Long-listed for OCM Bocas Prize for Caribbean Literature 2011.
- Author(s)Karen Lord
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJo Fletcher Books
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.