All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionExtraordinary works of art by major Venetian masters seen for the first time in all their restored splendor. This book presents a number of wonderful art masterpieces housed at the Accademia Galleries in Venice and recently restored with the financial support of Save Venice Inc. Their restoration becomes an occasion for looking at the works of art from a different point of view, discovering new and previously hidden details. An essay by David Rosand (professor at Columbia University and chairman of the Wallach Art Gallery Committee) sheds new light on famous paintings such as The Annunciation by Paolo Veronese and The Deposition by Tintoretto. Save Venice, founded in 1967 in response to the terrible damage caused by the flood of the preceding November, selects projects to sponsor according to their artistic merit and urgency of need. So far, the committee has completed more than 200 restorations.
- Author(s)Guilio ManieriElia
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note330 Colour and Black and White
- Weight1950 g
- Width241 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.