CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionYour body needs less than one gram of sodium a day. That's under half a teaspoon of table salt. But if you are like most Americans, you consume up to four times that amount. The result? Increased risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.<br><br>As for added sugar, most of us consume more than twice the recommended daily amount, increasing the risk of obesity, diabetes, and even depression.<br><br>In <em>Reducing Sugar and Salt</em>, the doctors at Harvard Medical School give you the kw-how to successfully monitor and effectively control the amount of sugar and salt you and your family take in each day.<br><br>The report exposes dozens of foods with hidden sodium and sugar. For example, a tuna salad sub sandwich can have up to 1,300 milligrams of sodium -- more than the daily recommendation -- while a bowl of raisin bran delivers 19 grams of added sugar (the equivalent of five teaspoons!)<br><br><em>Reducing Sugar and Salt</em> will give you the facts about how a high-sodium diet can lower bone density, why lactose-free does t mean sugar-free, and whether you're wasting your money on sports drinks when water will do. It also brings you up to date on sugar substitutes, and why you might want to cut back on diet soda.<br><br>The report offers strategies for cutting back on sugar and salt at home or dining out. You'll learn smart shopping and cooking tricks that make meals delicious while limiting sodium. You'll find out which fruits are lowest -- and highest -- in sugar, seven ways to spice up your meals without salt, and satisfying ways to retrain your taste buds to low-salt, low-sugar eating.<br><br><em>Reducing Sugar and Salt</em> also gives you a host of flavourful recipes that minimize or eliminate sugar and salt, from delectable breakfast treats to wholesome lunches and dinners, t to mention perfect-ending desserts and even late-night snacks.<br><br>Be good to your body -- and yourself. Order your copy of this timely Special Health Report today.
- PublisherHarvard Health Publications
- Date of Publication30/12/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleHarvard Medical School Special Health Reports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvard Health Publications
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHarvard Health Publications
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.