All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Montagu Collection, of worldwide coverage and all types of instruments, began to take shape in the early 1960s when what had been a small and very random collection was then rapidly expanded to illustrate lectures and to provide material for research on all aspects of orgalogy. By 1967, when Jeremy Montagu mounted an exhibition in Sheffield and for that reason started his ledger catalogue, the number of instruments had reached about 450. It has w, thirty years later, reached nearly 2,500. The Collection is always accessible to interested persons.
- Author BiographyJeremy Montagu, retired as Curator of the Bate Collection of Musical Instruments in the University of Oxford, has been involved in early music as a professional musician for nearly forty years. He is an Emeritus Fellow of Wadham College at Oxford University.
- Author(s)Jeremy Montagu
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleFallen Leaf Reference Books in Music
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note8 diagrams, bibliography, index
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.