All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionA book about the history of Lehigh Valley Music, bands, entertainers, radio, DJ's, clubs, concerts, venues and other related subjects.
- Author BiographyMichael McKenna aka Mike Jacobs has had a career that spanned nearly 40 years in the Lehigh Valley as a Club and Radio DJ, Promoter, Manager and member of music organizations. His love for everything music in his teen years drew him to the music business at a very early age. Starting as a roadie at a local teen club, he met local acts and learned about live music perfor-mances. His drive pushed him to become a DJ starting at local dances and progressing to clubs where he met and played opposite over 400 local and regional acts. At the time he was also in-terested in radio where he had some great teachers like Jay Sands, Johnny Michaels, Joe McClaine and Super Lou. This enabled him to have some stints as a DJ at local Lehigh Valley and Philly radio stations. In the 80's, he became a devotee to original music with PASCAL as a member of their board and as an officer and was with the Airport Music Hall and Club PASCAL. This enabled Mike to become involved with many community organizations including the Allentown Fair and the Allentown Council of Youth. He also started his career in promotions with the resurgence of outdoor concerts in the Lehigh Parkway and Cedar Beach and a national show at Muhlenberg College with The Romantics. In later years after his retirement from active DJ work, radio and promotions, Michael became an archivist and local historian striving to keep alive the memories of the past in the Lehigh Valley area.
- Author(s)Michael Jacobs McKenna
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDean Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.