All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionCompiled by two distinguished professors of horticulture, The Reference Manual of Woody Plant Propagation is a must for professionals and students of horticulture. Over 1,100 species and their propagation requirements by seeds, cuttings, grafting and budding, and tissue culture are discussed in exhaustive detail. Essentially a recipe book for making more trees and shrubs, this reference is a high-level how-to.
- Author BiographyA professor of horticulture at the University of Georgia, Michael A. Dirr is a legend in the horticultural world and has tremendous energy for teaching about plants, writing about plants, and especially for growing plants. Michael worked at a nursery and garden center to pay his way through university while earning his bachelor and master of science degrees at Ohio State. He went on to earn a doctorate in plant physiology at the University of Massachusetts and began his teaching career in 1972 as an assistant professor at the University of Illinois. Michael has published more then 300 scientific and popular papers and articles. His teaching, lectures, seminars, garden study tours, and plant introduction programs have contributed enormously to greater horticultural awareness, and his book Dirr's Hardy Trees and Shrubs is one of Timber's bestselling titles. He has received numerous awards and honors during his career, most recently the Liberty Hyde Bailey Medal from the American Horticulture Society. Today, he travels widely to lecture, teach, and form new opinions of plants.
- Author(s)Charles W. Heuser,Michael A. Dirr
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note313 b/w photos, 24 line drawings
- Weight998 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.