All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionLegendary performer, Larry Adler was born on 10th February 1914 in Baltimore USA. Larry gave the harmonica a place on the concert platform for the first time, his name being synymous with the instrument. Widely ackwledged as one of ther world's most skilled players, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Malcolm Arld, Darius Milhaud and Arthur Benjamin composed works for him. George and Ira Gershwin were two of his closest friends. In celebration of his extraordinary life, photographer Gary Italiaander, who was a personal friend, has written this amazing book that includes previously unseen portraits as well as memories by his colleagues, family and friends including Sir Michael Parkinson, Itzhak Perlman and more. Well kwn musicians including Sting, Sir Elton John, Kate Bush, Cher, and Jon Bon Jovi took part in the award winning CD,The Glory of Gershwin, produced by Sir George Martin in celebration of Larry's 80th birthday. 'Of course Larry was a compulsive name-dropper but he really did kw the greatest of people and for me it was wonderful to work with such a legend'. Sir George Martin, Producer The Glory of Gershwin. '...Larry had agreed to perform at Carnegie Hall with a full orchestra, playing Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. An almost unbelievable feat, except I was there in the wings, open mouthed like the rest of the audience'. Sting.
- Author BiographyGary Italiaander is a renown photographer whose portraits hang in homes, offices and palaces around the world. The Italiaander Gallery was based in Harrods and Gary's mentor is his artistic father Michael. A friend of Larry Adler, Italiaander has been working on this book for years.
- Author(s)Gary Italiaander
- PublisherDelancey Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDelancey Press Ltd
- Content Note130 photos
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.