All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative modes-based reader by reading expert Kathleen McWhorter supports an integrated approach to reading and writing with unique scaffolded instruction that guides students through comprehension, analysis, evaluation, and written response -- skills students will need to be successful in college. Compelling reading selections drawn from widely taught academic disciplines let students practice the work they're expected to do in other college courses. The second edition has been thoroughly revised with a new grammar handbook, expanded research coverage, new readings, and new features to provide stronger, more integrated reading and writing advice. Reflections can be packaged with LaunchPad Solo for Readers and Writers, allowing you to more efficiently track students' progress with reading, writing, and grammar skills in an active learning arc that complements the book.
- Author BiographyKathleen T. McWhorter is professor emerita of humanities and former director of the Learning Skills Center at Niagara County Community College. She has also been on the faculty of the State University College at Buffalo. She is the author of a number of books on writing for freshmen-level students, including the popular guide Successful College Writing, Sixth Edition (Bedford/St. Martin s, 2015), and the composition reader Reflections: Patterns for Reading and Writing (Bedford/St. Martin s, 2013). She has also written a number of textbooks on reading and writing for developmental students, including In Concert: Reading and Writing, Second Edition (2016); In Harmony: Reading and Writing, Second Edition (2016); Reading Across the Disciplines: College Reading and Beyond, Sixth Edition (2015); Academic Reading, Eighth Edition (2014); and Efficient and Flexible Reading, Tenth Edition (2014).
- Author(s)University Kathleen T McWhorter
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight885 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.