All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- Description<i>Reflections on Biography</i> is intended for all readers of biography--lifelong or occasional, critical or casual--and is written by an award-winning biographer, Paula R. Backscheider. The author examines biography from many angles and gives a tour of the decisions biographers make and some of the implications of those choices. Its aim is to increase the pleasure of reading biographies, to add new, enjoyable dimensions even as it increases readers' insights into the art of writing them. The book concludes with observations about the form's future directions and challenges. In this second edition, Backscheider provides a new Introduction that describes invative forms of biography and new theoretical directions.
- Author BiographyPaula R. Backscheider, Philpott-Stevens Eminent Scholar, specializes in Restoration and eighteenth-century literature, feminist criticism, and cultural studies. She is the author of several books including <i>Daniel Defoe: His Life, </i> (winner of the British Council Prize), <i>Spectacular Politics</i>, <i>Reflections on Biography</i>, and <i>Eighteenth-Century Women Poets and their Poetry: Inventing Agency, Inventing Genre </i>(winner of the Modern Language Association Lowell Prize). Two of her books have been selected for the Choice Outstanding Academic Book award. She has published articles in <i>PMLA</i>, <i>Theatre Journal </i>, <i>ELH</i>, and many other journals. A former president of the American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies, she has held ACLS, NEH, and Guggenheim Fellowships and is one of the few American members of the Institute for Advanced Studies, University of Edinburgh. Her most recent book is <i>Elizabeth Singer Rowe and the Development of the English Novel </i>(Johns Hopkins University Press).
- Author(s)Paula R Backscheider
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.