Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.22Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditions and creativity of Cambridge University have survived 800 years. In celebration, this first-ever combined historical and anthropological account explores the culture, the customs, the colleges and the politics of the revered institution. Having taught there for nearly forty years, the author sets forth a personal but also dispassionate attempt to understand how this ancient university developed and changed and how it continues to influence those who pass through it. This book delves into the history and architecture as well as the charm and the ghosts of Cambridge; it is for anyone who studies, teaches, visits, or is intrigued by this great intellectual centre.
- Author(s)Alan MacFarlane
- PublisherSocial Science Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDelhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSocial Science Press
- Content Noteill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.