All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization has brought different civilizations and peoples into new and closer contact. But this vel intimacy has t always led to greater understanding. There is an urgent need to work towards a global civilization based on principles of peace, mutual respect and tolerance. It is precisely that goal which the participants attempt in this classic dialogue. Inspired by the encounters between Buddhism and Islam as they exchanged ideas and goods along the Silk Road, it brings together a Sufi Muslim from Iran and one of the world's most influential lay Buddhist leaders to explore the vibrant areas of common ground between the Islamic and Buddhist traditions. Coloured by Sufi philosophy and by Buddhist thought and practice, and drawing on a diverse selection of thinkers - including Rumi and Hafez, Rabindranath Tagore, Jurgen Habermas and Antonio Gramsci - Reflections on the Global Civilization offers a profound meditation on conflict, loss and injustice, as well as the vitality of interfaith discussion. It shows that Islam and Buddhism have much to offer, t only to each other, but also to the world as a whole.
- Author BiographyMajid Tehranian (1937-2012) was the first Director of the Toda Institute for Global Peace and Policy Research and Professor of International Communication at the University of Hawaii. A graduate of Dartmouth College and Harvard University, he was a Fellow of the World Academy of Arts and Sciences and a member of the Club of Rome. His publications include more than 25 books and 100 articles.Daisaku Ikeda is the President of Soka Gakkai International, a Buddhist network with some twelve million members in over 190 countries throughout the world. He is the author of over 100 books on Buddhist themes, and received the United Nations Peace Award in 1983.
- Author(s)Daisaku Ikeda,Majid Tehranian
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleEchoes and Reflections Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.