All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- Descriptionby Johan G. Lammers* After having completed his law studies at the Free University of Amster- dam, Adriaan Bos began his career as a civil servant in 1960 in the De- partment of European Integration of the Netherlands Ministry ofEco- mic Affairs. After the entry into force ofthe Rome Treaty establish- ing the European Ecomic Community European Law had become a majornew field ofinternational law. The experience gained inthat field doubt constituted an important asset when he left the Ministry of Ecomic Affairs in 1963 in order to join the Office of the Legal Adviser in the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This move opened broad new perspectives for involvement in international legal affairs and it is probably t exaggerated to say that for the true interna- tionallawyer the Office ofthe Legal Adviser in the MinistryofForeign Affairs is the most attractive office which the Netherlands Government has to offer. Entering the Office as an Assistant Legal Adviser in 1963, Adriaan became Deputy Legal Adviser in 1984 and finally in 1989Legal Adviser. He was the fourth Legal Adviser after the Second World War succeed- ing in that position l. P. A. Francois, Willem Riphagen and Godert Maas Geesteranus, who had all servedthe cause ofinternational law with great dedication. The position of the legal adviser in matters of international law is ajob ofgreat responsibility and with many facets. It compels the holder of that position to play different roles.
- Author BiographyHerman A.M. von Hebel, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. Johan G. Lammers, Editor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. Jolien Schukking, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- PublisherT.M.C. Asser Press
- Date of Publication15/05/1999
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationThe Hague
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintT.M.C. Asser Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight530 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byHerman A.M. von Hebel,J. G. Lammers,Jolien Schukking
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.