All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReflective practice is a key element of both police training and police practice in the 21st century. This text provides an essential guide to reflective practice for all those studying for degrees and foundation degrees in policing. Taking an accessible and practical approach, the book considers four broad areas. It looks at what reflective practice is, including practical models of reflection, and discusses why it is important. It examines reflective practice within the specific context of policing through a range of case studies and examples, and considers the vital role of reflective practice as part of continuing professional development.
- Author BiographySelina Copley is a Senior Lecturer in the Division of Community and Criminal Justice at the University of Huddersfield and is currently involved in teaching reflective practice and lifelong learning to student police officers in West Yorkshire. As a qualified nurse she has spent the past 10 years within the criminal justice system and primarily the prison service, working to improve health service delivery, and teaching reflective practice to criminal justice staff.
- Author(s)Selina Copley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePolicing Matters Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.