All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe content of this book is an important trajectory in teaching and learning. It does t only explore teacher understanding and practice of 'reflective teaching' and how teacher practitioners internalise the act in their teaching practice but adds to ongoing debates about the dynamic mix of teachers approach to teaching. The reported study is exploratory based on small samples from two places: Cardiff in UK and Madina in Ghana. Its ethos is to compare any differences in understanding and practice of reflective teaching. Drawing on qualitative exploratory case study, the research found that teachers' conceptualisation of 'reflective teaching' in both cases was mixed. Teachers' in one case study seem to be aware of 'teaching evaluation' as a concept in teaching and t 'reflective teaching'. Whether a lack of awareness in what reflective teaching is, is synymous to lack of kwledge is a matter of debate. Reflective teaching, doubt, is theorised in academic literature but its practice can be sticky in the classroom and other learning environments. It is that patchy subject, which remains the focus of various enquiries, including this reported study, and the concern of many education authorities. After all, debates about quality teaching and learning are often subsumed in these debates. In order for any generalisations to be made from outcomes reported in this mograph may require larger samples and careful utilisation.
- Author(s)Theophilus K. Gokah
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight160 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.