All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperts in Reformation studies identify and elucidate areas of sixteenth century reforming activity in Martin Luther, John Calvin and other leading reformers to demonstrate the thoroughgoing nature of the Reformation agenda: doctrinal - Zwingli on the providence of God; radical grace in Martin Luther's doctrine of the Fall; Calvin's theology of the human body; Calvin and the patristic doctrine of deification; John Jewel's biblical doctrine of the royal supremacy; exegetical - interpretations of the Psalms quoted in Hebrews 1-2; Luther and Calvin's understanding of Isaiah 53; social/pastoral - Luther and Calvin on marriage; Calvin's circle of friends; Calvin's letters to contemporary martyrs; Calvin's preaching; historical - contributions of the Brethren of the Open Life to the Reformation; rethinking Marburg; and later studies - the gospel in early Reformed orthodoxy; Eucharistic debates in seventeenth century France. The book furthers our understanding of this turbulent, seminal period of history.
- Author BiographyMichael Parsons is Head of the Department of Christian Thought at the Baptist Theological College, Perth.
- Author(s)Michael Parsons
- PublisherAuthentic Media
- Date of Publication04/01/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleStudies in Christian History and Thought
- Place of PublicationCarlisle
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSend The Light
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.