All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionColleges and universities constitute a special type of organization; and their complex mission, dynamics, personnel structures, and values require a distinct set of understandings and skills to lead and manage them well. From the Preface In Reframing Academic Leadership, Lee G. Bolman and Joan V. Gallos offer higher education leaders a provocative and pragmatic guide for * Crafting dynamic institutions where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts * Creating campus environments that facilitate creativity and commitment * Forging alliances and partnerships in service of the mission * Building shared vision and campus cultures that unite and inspire * Serving the larger goals of the academy and society Throughout the book, the authors integrate powerful conceptual frameworks with rich and compelling real-world cases to support academic leaders searching for the best in themselves and in their institutions. The book tackles thorny issues such as building institutional clarity and capacity, managing conflict, coping with difficult people, partnering with the boss, and developing leadership resilience. Following in the tradition of Bolman and Deal's classic Reframing Organizations, Bolman and Gallos emphasize a pragmatic approach. They tease out the unique challenges and opportunities in academic leadership and provide ideas, tools, and encouragement to help higher education leaders see more clearly, feel more confident, and become more skilled and versatile in handling the vicissitudes of daily life. Reframing Academic Leadership is the resource for those seeking to understand, develop, and manage colleges and universities.
- Author BiographyLee G. Bolman holds the Marion Bloch/Missouri Chair in Leadership at the Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. He is the coauthor of the best-selling books Reframing Organizations and Leading with Soul from Jossey-Bass. Joan V. Gallos is professor of leadership, University of Missouri Curators' Distinguished Teaching Professor, and director of the Executive MBA program at the Henry W. Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is the coauthor of Teaching Diversity and the editor of Organization Development: A Jossey-Bass Reader and Business Leadership: A Jossey-Bass Reader, Second Edition, all from Jossey-Bass.
- Author(s)Joan V. Gallos,Lee G. Bolman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/02/2011
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note, black & white tables
- Weight490 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.