Reframing the Path to School Leadership: A Guide for Teachers and Principals by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.52Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by e-clearances
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of Reframing the Path to School Leadership demonstrates how teachers and school leaders can forge strong leadership paths within their schools, from their initial days in a new position to experiences that arise along their professional journey. Writing for new and seasoned educators, Lee G. Bolman and Terrence E. Deal demonstrate how to use multiple frames-politics, human resources, school structures, and cultural symbols-to develop the powerful habits of mind and perspective needed for addressing the challenging educational issues. Through narrative storytelling and a series of dialogues between a vice and a master teacher and between a new and a seasoned principal, the authors illustrate how framing, then reframing, challenges can result in more effective leadership. Updated throughout, this resource presents end-of-section Leadership Lessons that compliment each chapter, provide an explicit summary of the leadership lessons reflected in the interwoven stories, offer solid strategies for practical application, and include reflective questions for group discussion and individual professional growth.
- Author BiographyLee G. Bolman is the Marion Bloch/Missouri Chair in Leadership at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. An author, teacher, con-sultant, and speaker, he has written numerous books on leadership and organizations with coauthor Terry Deal, including best-sellers Leading With Soul: An Uncommon Journey of Spirit (1995, 2001) and Reframing Organiza-tions: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership (1991, 1997), as well as The Path to School Leadership (1993) and Becoming a Teacher Leader (1994). Bolman holds a BA in History and a PhD in Organizational Behavior from Yale University. He lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with his wife, Joan Gallos, and the two youngest of his children, Christopher and Bradley. Terrence E. Deal is the Irving R. Melbo Professor at University of Southern California's Rossier School. He is an internationally known lecturer and author who has written numerous books on leadership and organizations. In addition to those written with Lee Bolman, he is the coauthor of Corporate Cultures (with Alan Kennedy, 1982) and Shaping School Culture (with Kent Peterson, 1999).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLee G. Bolman,Terrence E. Deal
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.