All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades, Israel has come under sustained diplomatic pressure from the West. According to the press and the policy establishment, Israel acts aggressively and with disregard for civilian lives in pursuit of an unnecessary and illegal occupation of Palestinian territory. Others view Israel as an embarrassing outpost of colonialism, racism and apartheid whose actions-and those of the pro-Israel lobby -have provoked a fiery Islamist backlash. This book refutes these misrepresentations, showing that Israel's actions are well within the rms of international law and morality, and arguing that the country-far from being a deviant state-is a bastion of Western values. The author offers a nuanced narrative, outlining the legal, moral and historical justice behind Jewish statehood and discussing the reasons behind the failed peace process in recent years.
- Author BiographyJournalist Jeremy Havardi's articles have appeared in The Guardian, The Commentator, The Jewish News, Times of Israel and many other publications. He lives in London, England.
- Author(s)Jeremy Havardi
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.