Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development by John Tillman Lyle (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $150.52+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionLandscape Architecture Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development Winner, 1994 Merit Award for Communications, American Society of Landscape Architects Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development is thing less than a user's manual for planet Earth that integrates the principles of ecological design with practical realities better than anything I've read. John Lyle has written the best book w available on the theory and practice of sustainability ...essential reading for natural resource professionals, architects, planners, educators, environmentalists, and the general public. --David W. Orr, Professor and Chair Environmental Studies Program, Oberlin College. John Lyle has written a splendid book, Regenerative Design for Sustainable Development. It is perfectly topical; it is committed to the unity of art and science, design and planning, man and nature. It is itself exemplary, and it is a repository of exemplary adaptations. It has carried the environmental movement to a new threshold of ecological planning and design. It should be widely read and employed. --Ian L. McHarg, FASLA. In these times of widespread urban stress and regional disruption, the cogent thoughts of John Tillman Lyle on sustainable cities are on target and highly constructive. They are must reading for planning professionals and all concerned citizens. --John Ormsbee Simonds, FASLA. More designers need to broaden their horizons in the way John Lyle has put forth in this book. In general, there are far too few land planners, landscape architects, or architects who have any working procedure that approximates what sustainable design entails. This book provides important historical background and contemporary experience to help guide the way. --Pliny Fisk III, Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems. From the despoliation of our rivers and lakes by industrial ruff to the destruction of our atmosphere by sulphur emissions and CFCs, production cycles based on a one-way flow of materials and energy have pushed us to the brink of environmental collapse. It is time for a change, and in this groundbreaking book, John Tillman Lyle offers us a blueprint for implementing that change. This book provides civil engineers, architects, land development planners, and others with practical, realistic approaches to reversing this deadly course. Throughout, the emphasis is on proven regenerative practices for water use, land use, energy use, and building design. Most importantly, it provides ways to reestablish connections between people and nature, between art and science, and between techlogy and daily life.
- Author BiographyJOHN TILLMAN LYLE, FASLA, acknowledged as one of the world's foremost authorities on environmental design and regenerative systems, is a professor in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the California State Polytechnic University at Pomona. His previous books include the groundbreaking Design for Human Ecosystems: Landscape, Land Use, and Natural Resources.
- Author(s)John Tillman Lyle
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/1996
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight806 g
- Width209 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.