All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegine Stokke began to blog about her day-to-day life shortly after she was diagsed with an aggressive form of leukemia in 2008. Her stated purpose at the time was to give people a sense of what it was like to live with such a serious illness, and her blog became an almost instant classic. She writes openly about the emotional and physical aspects of her 15-month struggle to survive and explains how her disease impacts her life. In the course of her illness, Regine participated in photography exhibits, went to concerts, enjoyed her friends and family, and advocated for registering as a blood and bone marrow dor. She was a typical teenager with an incredible will to live, and the lessons that she learned have relevance for us all. Through her eyes, readers will discover a more vivid world, and a new appreciation for life, art, and the power of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyRegine Stokke began to blog about her day-to-day life shortly after she was diagnosed with leukemia in 2008. Regine's stated purpose with her posts was to give people a sense of what it's like to live with such a serious illness, and her blog became an almost instant classic. It was first adapted into book form in 2010, and became a bestseller in Norway. Regine was also a very gifted photographer, and had her photos exhibited at both the 2009 and the 2010 Nordic Light photography festivals in Kristiansund.　 Henriette Larsen (translator) grew up in Switzerland and the U.S., speaking Norwegian at home. She has fond memories of beautiful summers (but no winters) in Norway. She earned a Bachelor's degree in French Literature from Pomona College and completed graduate coursework in French and Comparative Literature at SFSU. Henriette lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Regine Stokke
- PublisherZest Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleJunior Library Guild Selection
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintZest Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width141 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byHenriette Larsen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.26
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.20
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.52
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.76
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.