Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.21Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the roles of national actors within international organizations, with particular emphasis on the collaborative approach adopted by Nordic governments and associations. Analyzing Nordic regional cooperation within international organizations, this volume seeks to shed light on the politics of alignment and distinct macro-regional identity-building in international arenas. Exploring the middle ground between the national and the international, contributors discuss how Nordic governments and associations have successfully created and used the image of a distinct group within the international system and where they have failed. Presenting a richer picture of international and transnational relations, the volume's features include: * a key focus on the 'Nordic model' with its schism in regard to the EU * studies on cooperation between governments and within civil society, including trade unions and anti-EU movements * contributions from Nordic and international experts highly respected in their fields Seeking to move beyond neo-realist and cosmopolitan approaches in international studies, Regional Cooperation and International Organizations will be of interest to students and scholars of international relations, regionalism, Nordic studies, and Transnationalism.
- Author BiographyNorbert Gotz is associate professor of social science history at the Centre for Nordic Studies, Renvall Institute, University of Helsinki. His publications include works on mental maps and civil society in the Baltic Sea region, and he presently prepares a book on the Nordic countries in the United Nations. Heidi Haggren is a researcher at the Department of Social Science History, University of Helsinki and coordinator of the Nordic Centre of Excellence on the Nordic Welfare State. Her research interests are Nordic cooperation, the welfare state and industrial relations in the service sector.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHeidi Haggren,Norbert Gotz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.