All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionRegional Missile Defense from a Global Perspective explains the origins, evolution, and implications of the regional approach to missile defense that has emerged since the presidency of George H. W. Bush, and has culminated with the missile defense decisions of President Barack Obama. The Obama administration's overarching concept for American missile defense focuses on developing both a national system of limited ground-based defenses, located in Alaska and California, intended to counter limited intercontinental threats, and regionally-based missile defenses consisting of mobile ground-based techlogies like the Patriot PAC-3 system, and sea-based Aegis-equipped destroyer and cruisers. The volume is intended to stimulate renewed debates in strategic studies and public policy circles over the contribution of regional and national missile defense to global security. Written from a range of perspectives by practitioners and academics, the book provides a rich source for understanding the techlogies, history, diplomacy, and strategic implications of the gradual evolution of American missile defense plans. Experts and n-experts alike-whether needing to examine the offense-defense tradeoffs anew, to engage with a policy update, or to better understand the debate as it relates to a country or region-will find this book invaluable. While it opens the door to the debates, however, it does t find or offer easy solutions-because they do t exist.
- Author BiographyCatherine McArdle Kelleher is College Park Professor in the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland. Peter Dombrowski is Professor of Strategy in the Strategic Research Department at the U.S. Naval War College.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCatherine McArdle Kelleher,Peter Dombrowski
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.