CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the growth of a multi-billion-dollar high-techlogy corridor in Malaysia to conflict over housing development in Chicago, the practice of regional and local ecomic development around the world is both dynamic and diverse. Regional and Local Ecomic Development introduces the theory behind ecomic development and provides examples of successful, and less successful, practice. This broad-ranging new text shows how government, private industry and individuals combine to achieve ecomic development. It examines the development of policies and practices in recent decades - such as eco-industrial parks, place marketing and social enterprises - and analyzes the ways in which contemporary regional ecomies are changing. It also summarizes the key academic debates and reviews the main concepts which inform policy-making. Truly global in scope, with case studies from over 30 countries, this book will be welcomed by students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyCLIFF HAGUE is Professor Emeritus at Heriot-Watt University, UK. EUAN HAGUE is Associate Professor and Chair of Geography at DePaul University, USA. CARRIE BREITBACH is Assistant Professor of Geography at Chicago State University, USA.
- Author(s)Carrie Breitbach,Cliff Hague,Euan Hague
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitlePlanning, Environment, Cities
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight549 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.