All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.04Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis text gives budding actuaries and financial analysts a foundation in multiple regression and time series. They will learn about these statistical techniques using data on the demand for insurance, lottery sales, foreign exchange rates, and other applications. Although specific kwledge of risk management or finance is presumed, the approach introduces applications in which statistical techniques can be used to analyze real data of interest. In addition to the fundamentals, this book describes several advanced statistical topics that are particularly relevant to actuarial and financial practice, including the analysis of longitudinal, two-part (frequency/severity), and fat-tailed data. Datasets with detailed descriptions, sample statistical software scripts in 'R' and 'SAS', and tips on writing a statistical report, including sample projects, can be found on the book's Web site: http://research.bus.wisc.edu/RegActuaries.
- Author BiographyEdward W. (Jed) Frees is a Professor of Business at the University of Wisconsin, Madison and is holder of the Assurant Health Insurance Professorship of Actuarial Science. He is a Fellow of both the Society of Actuaries (SoA) and the American Statistical Association (ASA). Professor Frees is the author of Longitudinal and Panel Data (2004) and has published more than fifty articles in leading refereed academic journals.
- Author(s)Edward W. Frees
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleInternational Series on Actuarial Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note139 b/w illus. 142 tables 89 exercises
- Weight950 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.