All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile regression models have become standard tools in medical research, understanding how to properly apply the models and interpret the results is often challenging for beginners. Regression Models as a Tool in Medical Research presents the fundamental concepts and important aspects of regression models most commonly used in medical research, including the classical regression model for continuous outcomes, the logistic regression model for binary outcomes, and the Cox proportional hazards model for survival data. The text emphasizes adequate use, correct interpretation of results, appropriate presentation of results, and avoidance of potential pitfalls. After reviewing popular models and basic methods, the book focuses on advanced topics and techniques. It considers the comparison of regression coefficients, the selection of covariates, the modeling of nlinear and nadditive effects, and the analysis of clustered and longitudinal data, highlighting the impact of selection mechanisms, measurement error, and incomplete covariate data. The text then covers the use of regression models to construct risk scores and predictors. It also gives an overview of more specific regression models and their applications as well as alternatives to regression modeling. The mathematical details underlying the estimation and inference techniques are provided in the appendices.
- Author BiographyWerner Vach is a professor of medical informatics and clinical epidemiology at the University of Freiburg. Dr. Vach has co-authored more than 150 publications in medical journals. His research encompasses biostatistics methodology in the areas of incomplete covariate data, prognostic studies, diagnostic studies, and agreement studies.
- Author(s)Werner Vach
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note158 black & white illustrations, 94 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.