All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth International School ~ Mathematical Physics was held at the Ettore Majorana Centro della Culture Scientifica, Erice, Sicily, 2 to 14 July 1983. The present volume collects lecture tes on the session which was devoted to'Regular and Chaotic Motions in Dynamlcal Systems. The School was a NATO Advanced Study Institute sponsored by the Italian Ministry of Public Education, the Italian Ministry of Scientific and Techlogical Research and the Regional Sicilian Government. Many of the fundamental problems of this subject go back to Poincare and have been recognized in recent years as being of basic importance in a variety of physical contexts: stability of orbits in accelerators, and in plasma and galactic dynamics, occurrence of chaotic motions in the excitations of solids, etc. This period of intense interest on the part of physicists followed nearly a half a century of neglect in which research in the subject was almost entirely carried out by mathematicians. It is an in- dication of the difficulty of some of the problems involved that even after a century we do t have anything like a satisfactory solution.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number118
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight618 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byA. S. Wightman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.