All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe number of elderly people relying on formal long-term care services is dramatically increasing year after year, and the challenge of ensuring the quality and financial stability of care provision is one faced by governments in both the developed and developing world. This edited book is the first to provide a comprehensive international survey of long-term care provision and regulation, built around a series of case studies from Europe, North America and Asia. The analytical framework allows the different approaches that countries have adopted to be compared side by side and readers are encouraged to consider which quality assurance approaches might best meet their own country's needs. Wider issues underpinning the need to regulate the quality of long-term care are also discussed. This timely book is a valuable resource for policymakers working in the health care sector, researchers and students taking graduate courses on health policy and management.
- Author BiographyVincent Mor is the Florence Price Grant Professor of Community Health in the School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Practice at the Brown University School of Public Health. His research focuses on the organizational and health care delivery system factors associated with variation in use of health services, and outcomes experienced by frail and chronically ill persons. Tiziana Leone is a lecturer in demography in the Department of Social Policy at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Dr Leone's research interests focus on demography and health policy. She is particularly interested in reproductive and health systems in developing countries as well as health and ageing in Europe. Anna Maresso is a Research Officer at LSE Health and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. Her research focuses on the health care systems of Western Europe and comparative health policy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleHealth Economics, Policy and Management
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus. 33 tables
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAnna Maresso,Tiziana Leone,Vincent Mor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.