CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will prove fascinating to all of those who kw or have ever visited Reculver Towers, these being w all that remain of the huge minster and monastery named Regulbium by the Roman Invaders. Local myths and legends, that over the centuries have come to be associated with these iconic remains, are all within these pages: the screaming baby heard in the ruins, the cowled monk perambulating through the minster on the nights of the full moon and being seen along the lonely dykes, and sea creeks among the Romney Marsh sheep as of old. Saxton chronicles the life and times of Abbot Brithwald (Breitwald), who strides like a giant through each page, and his struggles in keeping alight the faith of Christ in this place. From being plagued by Mad Barbara, the cackling witch of Romney Marsh, to his stand against the resurgence of Wicca, by a congregation in mortal terror of contracting the rampaging Black Death, Saxton has written a page-turner guaranteed to leave you wanting more. Breitwald, to spell his German name correctly, achieved much at Regulbium. He founded a Masonic Lodge and instituted craft apprenticeships, t to mention a printing Bauhaus thereby laying the firm foundations for what became eventually the University of Kent.
- Author(s)Malcolm Saxton
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication27/07/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.