All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNoted TV personality and columnist Reid Duffy showcases 30 Indiana restaurants that have stood the test of time in this updated and expanded edition of Indiana's Favorite Restaurants. These showcased restaurants have been in existence for 25 years or more, and in some cases for several generations. Recipes for favorite dishes from these restaurants are included so that you can recreate the foods you love at home. Approximately 60 recipes-from Acapulco Joe's Taco Filling to Nashville House Fried Biscuits-accompany Duffy's reviews. Comfort food abounds in Indiana-162 restaurants are included in this category, and 23 well-kwn steak houses are highlighted in Where's the Beef? No fewer than 137 ethnic restaurants around the state are profiled here. Duffy looks to the future as well: he reviews 80 new restaurants that are destined to stand the test of time. All of the restaurants popularized by Indiana Cooks! (IUP, 2005) have been included in this mouthwatering guidebook. Double the size of the original guide, Reid Duffy's Guide to Indiana's Favorite Restaurants serves up 432 thorough and extensive reviews. Each establishment has been visited in person and the food taste-tested. The result is the best guide to great dining for Indiana residents as well as visitors to the Hoosier state.
- Author BiographyReid Duffy has worked since 1971 as a television news reporter, teacher, humor writer, and restaurant and film reviewer for WRTV and WNDY in Indianapolis. He was host of Duffy's Diner, a television review of various eating establishments in Indiana. He is author of Indianapolis Dining (1981) and co-author (with Mike Ahern) of a novel, Festerwood at Five: A Novel Approach to TV News. He lives in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Author(s)Reid Duffy
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleQuarry Books
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Updated Ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.