All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume surveys the new global landscape for democratic civic education. Rooted in qualitative researc, the contributors explore the many ways that tions of democracy and citizenship have been implemented in recent education policy, curriculum, and classroom practice around the world. From Indonesia to the Spokane Reservation and El Salvador to Estonia, these chapters reveal a striking diversity of approaches to political socialization in varying cultural and institutional contexts. By bringing to bear the methodological, conceptual and theoretical perspectives of qualitative research, this book adds important new voices to one of educationOs most critical debates: how to form democratic citizens in a changing world.
- Author BiographyDoyle Stevick is Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policies at the University of South Carolina and Founder and Chair of the Citizenship and Democratic Education group in the Comparative and International Education Society. A Fulbright Fellow to Estonia in 2003, he has given presentations in seven countries and been translated into four languages. Bradley A. U. Levinson, an anthropologist, is Associate Professor of Education at Indiana University. His research interests include student culture and identity formation, the ethnography of education policy, immigrant education, and citizenship education for democracy. His books include We Are All Equal: Student Culture and Identity at a Mexican Secondary School (Duke University Press), Policy as Practice (with Margaret Sutton, Greenwood) and Rowman and Littlefield's Schooling the Symbolic Animal: Social and Cultural Dimensions of Education.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/12/2006
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width161 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byBradley A. Levinson,Doyle Stevick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.