All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLEARN HOW To MAKE GREAT INVENTIONS! Discover the history and the science behind classic inventions and experience your own Eureka! moments of inspiration with the projects in this unique book. Through the ages, resourceful humans have found ingenious ways to meet the need of the moment with inventions ranging from catapults to colorful dyes to batteries. With this fantastic collection of fun, hands-on projects, you will uncover the answers to intriguing questions like: Who created ink? Why did Archimedes invent the water screw? And how did cave artists come up with paint? Plus, you will learn how and why these inventors were inspired, and how to come up with your own inventions. With easy-to-follow instructions on how to make some common things we often take for granted, from paper to compasses, Reinvent the Wheel is packed with exciting projects and challenges. There are still many problems to be solved and gadgets to be invented. Maybe you'll be the next great inventor to change the way we live.
- Author BiographyRUTH KASSINGER is a writer, teacher, and consultant. She currently teaches a Hands on Science program in the Maryland public schools and writes many articles on science and technology for such publications as the Washington Post, Smithsonian, and Science Weekly.
- Author(s)Ruth Kassinger
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2001
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight322 g
- Width214 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Reading Age8-12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.