All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this much-anticipated book from acclaimed blogger Vicki Davis (Cool Cat Teacher), you'll learn the key shifts in writing instruction necessary to move students forward in today's world. Vicki describes how the elements of traditional writing are being reinvented with cloud-based tools. Instead of paper, te taking, filing cabinets, word processors, and group reports, we w have tools like ePaper, eBooks, social bookmarking, cloud syncing, infographics, and more. Vicki shows you how to select the right tool, set it up quickly, and prevent common mistakes. She also helps you teach digital citizenship and offers exciting ways to build writing communities where students love to learn. Special Features: * Essential questions at the start of each chapter to get you thinking about the big ideas * A chapter on each of the nine essential cloud-based tools--ePaper and eBooks; digital tebooks; social bookmarking; cloud syncing; cloud writing apps; blogging and microblogging; wikis and website builders; online graphic organizers and mind maps; and cartoons and infographics * A wide variety of practical ways to use each tool in the classroom * Alignments to the Common Core State Standards in writing * Level Up Learning--a special section at the end of each chapter to help you review, reflect on, and apply what you've learned * Writing tips to help you make the best use of the tools and avoid common pitfalls * A glossary of key terms discussed in the book * Useful appendices, including reproducible material for your classroom No matter what grade level you teach or how much tech experience you have, you will benefit from Vicki's compelling and practical ideas. As she emphasizes throughout this essential book, teaching with cloud-based tools has never been easier, more convenient, or more important than right w.
- Author BiographyVicki Davis is the award-winning blogger known as Cool Cat Teacher (www.coolcatteacher.com). She is a thought-leader in the field of educational technology and a frequent speaker at conferences. She teaches and directs the IT department at Westwood Schools in Camilla, Georgia.
- Author(s)Vicki Davis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.