All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from industry thought leaders the world over, this study presents important perspectives on strategy, transformation, and invation as it questions the future shape and direction of the postal industry and what its business will be in the future. The book first addresses how and to what the post can reinvent itself before proceeding to focus on postal delivery and concentrate on the opportunities for building on the historical trust enjoyed by postal services. Additional sections address the opportunities for using digital techlogy solutions to build on the traditional physical capabilities of the post and explore how postal services can exploit these in their business propositions. Finally, this analysis tackles the global challenge of sustainability from the industry s perspective. Four complementary case studies highlight how traditional postal networks are being reinvented in Africa, Australia, and Europe, and two final reflective pieces examine the past and the future to see what lessons can be learned. The insights provided by the industry professionals who contributed to this book reveal the many different ways in which the postal sector is being reborn and reinvented for a new generation and provide strong examples of the energy and life that there still is in the industry.
- Author BiographyDerek Osborn is a business coach, a management trainer, and an international facilitator who focuses on strategy, human resource development, innovation, leadership, and change management. He spent 22 years working as a senior manager for the Royal Mail and more than 16 years working internationally across the postal industry. He has collaborated with businesses and organizations including governments and national postal operators to improve operations and efficiency, develop greater customer focus, develop innovative strategies, and implement transformation. He is the coeditor of three volumes of The Future Is in the Post. Dr. Wolfgang Baier is the group chief executive officer of Singapore Post Limited.
- PublisherLibri Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFaringdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLibri Publishing
- Content Note40 black and white diagrams and tables
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDerek Osborn
- Foreword byWolfgang Baier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.