All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- Description<b>All profits from the sale of Reiser's Ramblings go to Haitian relief efforts sponsored by Reiser Relief Inc.</b> Reiser's Ramblings is a collection of daily/weekly meditations/devotions daily reflections from the best columns written over the past three decades by Fr. Bernard Reiser, former pastor of Epiphany Parish in Coon Rapids, Minn. From farm living to an eternity in Heaven, Fr. Reiser brings together a wonderful collection of Christian spiritual ramblings that all of us can take to heart. We end up with a lovely book of short, easily read reminiscences and edifying stories and thoughts, with each column titled. The reader is meant ponder the spiritual message and meaning in each column and how, or if, it applies to each individual life. The writings talk of his growing up in a farming family, to teaching you how to start and continue having a relationship with God, and the people around you. As quoted from The U.S. Review of Books website May 13th 2012: Reiser's Ramblings, - A collection of weekly newsletter columns from the former pastor of the rural Epiphany Parish in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, this book is a mixture of humorous, sad, stalgic, and inspirational pieces. By turns thoughtful, provocative, or just plain funny, it is the kind of book one can sample, read and reread, or share stories from with family and friends. It is nicely illustrated with black and white photos and drawings. The columns are short, but memorable, and always provide something to think about or learn from. Never stuffy or preachy, Reiser has created an enjoyable reflection of life. The columns are separated into six sections: Early Life and Key Influences; The Wonder of God's Creation; Our Place in God's World; Counting Our Blessings; God's Grace at Work Within Us; All Eyes on Heaven. Each column is titled and short. So we end up with reminiscences and a lovely book of short, easily read edifying stories and thoughts. Artwork illustrations were by Minnesota professional portrait painter Mark Sanislo, a long time friend of Fr. Reiser and parishioner of Epiphany Church. And special thanks to our editor: Jacqueline Hilgert/ Traditions Communications who helped put the book into reality; it would have t been possible without her professional assistance. <b>Book Awards and Hors</b> May 2011 San Francisco Book Festival Horable Mention for the spiritual category May 2011 Paris Book Festival Runner-Up for the spiritual category June 2011 Beach Book Festival Runner-Up for the spiritual category July 2011 Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval July 2011 Midwest Book Reviews Small Press Bookwatch Memoir Shelf, highly recommended) November 2011 - USA News Best Books Awards (Finalist, Christian Inspirational) January 2012 London Book Festival ( Spiritual, Horable Mention) May 2012 Eric Hoffer Book Award ( Spiritual, Horable Mention) and The First Horizon Award Finalist WINNER of the 2012 Indie Excellence Award in the category of Religion-Non-Fiction.
- Author BiographyFather Bernad Reiser a Catholic priest, Reiser brings a seminary degree with a major in theology and 60+ years of ordained experience to his writing. He has volunteered his time to parishes in and around the Twin Cities of Minnesota. Father Bernard Reiser was born in 1924 to Aloys and Ottilia Reiser, farmers living in, Medina, Minnesota. Father Reiser was ordained to the priesthood on June 4, 1949 and was assigned to St. Mary of the Lake parish in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. In 1964, Archbishop Leo Binz asked Father Reiser to start a parish in the quickly-growing Minneapolis suburb of Coon Rapids located in Anoka County. Seventy acres of farmland was acquired for the new church, which was named Epiphany after one of the great feast days of the Lord. Under Father Reiser's leadership, Epiphany grew to become one of the largest Catholic communities in the state. In addition to a spacious sanctuary, the Epiphany campus includes an elementary school, a Perpetual Adoration chapel, a senior housing complex, an assisted living facility, a cemetery, and several outdoor shrines. In 1996, Father Reiser traveled to Haiti. I had seen slums in China, Egypt and Mexico City, he wrote. None of them compare to the tragic realities of the slum outside Port au Prince. In time, Father Reiser established Reiser Relief Inc., a non-profit organization that funds relief and development projects in Haiti. Father Reiser retired from Epiphany, but he remains actively involved in helping the world's poorest citizens as chairman of Reiser Relief.. I don't intend to retire, he said. As long as I can work I will. As long as you can work why sit around gathering dust. After 62 years of dedicated priesthood, Father Bernard Reiser went to the Lord on December 27 at the age of 86. Reiser Relief Inc. is a volunteer run non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation founded by Father Bernard Reiser, who has been involved with Haiti outreach programs for over 13 years; Bringing Hope To Haiti. Reiser Relief is based in Coon Rapids, MN and its mission is to help the impoverished people of the Caribbean country of Haiti, the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
- Author(s)Fr Bernard Reiser
- PublisherReiser Relief, Inc.
- Date of Publication14/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReiser Relief, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJacqueline Nasseff Hilgert
- Illustrator(s)Mark Sanislo
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.