All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinding out your partner has had an affair can feel like the ultimate betrayal and learning to trust again is difficult and painful. After the Affair takes a frank look at the reasons why people have affairs and the devastating effects they may have upon the person who has been betrayed. Since this book was first published, the internet has grown hugely; websites such as Facebook have mushroomed; and mobile phones have become ubiquitous. All of these create more chances to connect with other people discreetly, quickly and at any time of the day or night. As a result, the nature of affairs is changing dramatically. After the Affair helps couples understand their feelings and explains: why affairs happen, including common triggers; what constitutes an affair; how to recover from a betrayal; and the pros and cons of leaving or staying in a relationship, with steps to take for reconciliation or parting as amicably as possible. Whether you choose to reconcile or to move on, After the Affair can help you work through your feelings and make sense of what has happened.
- Author BiographyJulia Cole is a BACP accredited counsellor, psychosexual therapist and supervisor. She worked for Relate for 12 years and has been a counsellor for 25 years. She has worked as a counsellor for the NHS, a breast cancer charity and is currently a counsellor for the armed forces. Julia has written seven books on relationships and has previously written for many national magazines and newspapers, including being an agony aunt for The Sunday Express and Essentials magazine. She has appeared widely on TV and radio, chiefly commenting on relationships and family issues. She is married with one son and one daughter.
- Author(s)Julia Cole
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight263 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.