All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRelational Ethics in Practice presents a new collection of narratives on ethics in day-to-day therapeutic practice. Highly experienced professionals from a range of roles in the therapeutic professions explore ways of developing ethical and effective relationships. The contributors provide the reader with engaging and informative narratives that indicate how ethics can inform and influence practice in a variety of clinical contexts across the helping professions. These personal and professional narratives will encourage people to think more proactively about ethics and the impact that they have on both therapeutic practice, and life in general. Throughout this book, Lynne Gabriel, Roger Casemore and their contributors emphasise that the consideration of the ethical dimension is of paramount importance to successful processes and outcomes in every therapeutic relationship. Chapters cover a number of topics including: * how theoretical approaches can inform ethical decision making and practice * practical difficulties and ethical challenges * invative and unconventional approaches * informed consent across various contexts * pointers for good practice * the tion of the 'wounded healer'. Relational Ethics in Practice: Narratives from Counselling and Psychotherapy will appeal to a wide range of readers involved in the helping professions including counsellors, psychotherapists, researchers, supervisors and trainees.
- Author BiographyLynne Gabriel is a Reader in Counselling and Relational Ethics and Head of Postgraduate and Post-Experience Counselling Studies at York St John University, York. Lynne is former Chair of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy's (BACP) Professional Conduct Committee and was elected as Chair of BACP from October 2008. Roger Casemore is a Senior Teaching Fellow and Director of Counselling and Psychotherapy courses at Warwick University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLynne Gabriel,Roger Casemore
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.